Ward's® Birds And Worms: Modeling Natural SelectionSupplier: Ward's
470024-174EA 154.99 USD470024-174
Ward's® Birds And Worms: Modeling Natural Selection
Educational Classroom Kits and Activities
This simple demonstration of the relationship between adaptations and natural selection gets students away from their desks.
- Students research gene frequency development
- Activity: Imitating Worm-Eating Birds
- Pre- and post-laboratory assessments included
- Material for eight setups
- Estimated lab time; Day One: 45 minutes, Day Two: 45 minutes
Students discover predator-prey relationships, the benefits of camouflage in larger populations, and how these factors affect gene frequencies as they simulate birds that are trying to find food.
The activity contains a teacher’s guide, a student copymaster, and material for eight setups.
Información para pedidos: This kit includes white, green, orange, blue, and yellow toothpicks, string, plastic bags, a stopwatch, and a tape measure. Calculators and clipboards are needed but not included.