Mixer/Mill® 8000D Dual High-Energy Ball Mill, Spex SamplePrepSupplier: SPEX SamplePrep
76182-242EA 10941.74 USD76182-242 76182-462
Mixer/Mill® 8000D Dual High-Energy Ball Mill, Spex SamplePrep
The 8000D Mixer/Mill is a high-energy ball mill with dual clamps that grinds up to 0.2 - 10 grams of dry, brittle samples.
- Dual clamps enable multiple sample processing for high-throughput applications
- Equipped with forced-air cooling and safety interlock system for operator protection
- Electronic timer is set for 100-minute range
- Extended running time chip is available for extended timer range to 175 hours (10,500 minutes)
- Grinds multiple samples in the 0.2 - 10 g range or mixes up to 50 ml of material per clamp
- Multiple-sample adapters permit processing of smaller grinding vials
- Shock mounted motor enables bench top operation
- Steel housing protects the clamp mechanism and rugged construction ensures a long life of heavy work
- Vibration detection switch shuts down the mill in the event of mechanical failure
It reduces samples to analytical fineness and can be utilized for mechanical alloying, slurry grinding, blending powders and mixing emulsions. Each grinding vial contains a sample and one or more balls. It is then shaken in a complex motion that combines back-and-forth swings with short lateral movements in the shape of a figure-8. The clamp's motion develops strong G-forces in the vial, to pulverize the toughest rocks, slags and ceramics.
Grinding and mixing vials are available in: hardened steel, stainless steel, tungsten carbide, alumina ceramic, zirconia ceramic, silicon nitride, agate, polystyrene, methacrylate, and polycarbonate.
Applications include mechanical alloying, nanomilling, slurry grinding, blending powders, mixing emulsions and mechanochemistry. Typical samples include rocks, minerals, sand, cement, slag, ceramics, catalyst supports, glass, pharmaceuticals, plant tissue, animal tissues, cannabis, seeds, paints and inks.
Certificaciones: CE approved.