Copan Mini-Tip Flocked Swab with Breakpoint and UTM® Viral Transport Medium (with Beads), Hardy DiagnosticsSupplier: Hardy Diagnostics
76492-464EA 1534.04 USD76492-464
Copan Mini-Tip Flocked Swab with Breakpoint and UTM® Viral Transport Medium (with Beads), Hardy Diagnostics
Swabs Swabs in Tubes
UTM® is a FDA cleared collection and transport system suitable for collection, transport, maintenance, and long-term freeze storage of clinical specimens containing viruses, including COVID-19, chlamydia, mycoplasma, or ureaplasma organisms. The transport medium comes in a plastic, screw cap tube and maintains organism viability for 48 hours at room or refrigerated temperature.
- Room temperature stable system maintains viability of organisms for up to 48 hours
- Does not require refrigeration storage prior to collection
- Skirted tube
- Rapid release and dispersion of virus particles
- Three glass beads in each tube facilitate the mixing and dispersion of sample material and release of virus particles during vortexing
- A phenol red pH indicator provides a visual gauge of the medium integrity throughout the storage and life of the product
UTM® has been used successfully for rapid antigen testing, DFA, viral culture, and for molecular-based assays. Unique media formulation includes antibiotics to inhibit bacterial and fungal growth, without affecting viruses, chlamydia, mycoplasma, or ureaplasma.
Certificaciones: UTM® has been tested and validated in full compliance with CLSI M40-A2: Quality Control of Microbiological Transport System standard.