Battery Minerals Mining & Refining
Battery Metals Minerals & Refining
Li-Ion batteries are the most commonly used batteries in electrical vehicles (EV) they are “the reigning replacement for the internal combustion engine”.Learn More
Several minerals are used to produce key Li-ion battery components
- The cathode of a Li-ion battery is made of an active material applied onto a thin aluminum substrate
- A cathode active material is made of lithium and other metals.
- Common active materials are lithium nickel cobalt aluminum oxide (NCA), lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide (NMC) or lithium iron phosphate (LFP)
- The anode is typically made of a thin copper foil coated with a compound including an active material
- Anode active material is graphite (mined or synthetically-produced)
There is uncertainty over future battery compositions. For example, the next generations of batteries may result in a relative decrease in nickel and cobalt demand and a relative increase in lithium demand
Avantor – through its Anachemia brand and its broad portfolio of trusted third-party brands – has long been the leading global provider of products and service solutions for mining labs, commercial analytical laboratories and mineral processing facilities.
We manufacture and sell fire assay and refinery flux, crucibles, cupels, as well as high-purity chemicals.
We offer many other lab products, including analytical instruments, equipment, consumables, chemicals, safety products or laboratory furniture.
In addition to our broad product portfolio, we also offer design services for both modular and permanent laboratory facilities
Click here to access our broad portfolio of products and solutions for the mining industry
Avantor offers a broad portfolio of products for your wet lab / analytical chemistry.
Avantor offers a broad portfolio of products for your metallurgical lab.
Avantor offers a complete line of acids, solvents, salts, buffers for your mining lab.
Avantor offers sample preparation equipment and accessories.